Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Adirondack Karting Association


These youngsters can really get up on the wheel.

I have been given the opportunity to photograph their races/heats from the infield and it's exciting. Some of these carts can really move. There's also some danger as I witnessed and photographed a fairly hard hit after one cart spun and another slammed into it. The boy was unharmed but it was a scary moment.

Some of these kids go on to race on Dirt Tracks... I've been given a photographers position at one of our local tracks. Devil's Bowl Speedway. They recently lost there photog so I applied. It's more of a freelance thing with a booth available where my photos will be sold to fans. The season is winding down now with only two weekends remaining, but I'll be there every Sunday night next season.

2 comments:

Don and Sher said...

Nice going best of luck

Starla said...

This picture really shows excitement. Sounds like a fun job to have.