Monday, February 8, 2010

West Mountain


The ski area, West Mt., is about 12 miles away from where I shot this. Just this side of the mountain are 4 towns all merged together, Glens Falls, South Glens Falls, Hudson Falls and Fort Edward, plus the town of Queensbury which is sprawling with all the shopping centers, upscale subdivisions and all the typical franchises. Just to the north, right, is Lake George and south is Saratoga Springs. I am or was standing in the middle of Washington County farmland and behind me is the Vermont state line 10 miles away. We live in the middle of the towns mentioned. I can look out and see West Mt. which is all lit up for night skiing. The Hudson River also runs through all of the towns which supplies jobs for many in the paper making industry. This is also a big bedroom community for Albany. I could go on and on about the history of this area, but I wanted to share where we live with my friends from back home and my blog followers.

2 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

That is so interesting. Well taken shot! and Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

Unknown said...

great commentary michael... this shot is beautiful with the skattering of the hay rolls and west mt. love it