Thursday, July 9, 2009

Have a Berry nice day

Reg is so good about stopping by and leaving some very nice comments and on yesterday's post she stated she was glad I explained how I captured the Blue Heron. This prompted me to give some thought to what and where my thoughts are on any given shot I take. The Blue Heron was an obvious photo op but it's the not so obvious shots that got me to thinking. I've concluded that I'm wasting my time because I really have no clue.... I see things. My wife Pattyjo tells people that something could be right in front of her face and she sees nothing whereas I see it immediately. Just last week we were walking behind her mom's house and suddenly I was laying on my back taking a shot of the neighbors old red garage. She said..."what are you doing you nut... get off the ground"... She could not fathom why I was taking a shot of this building that she has seen her whole life... until she saw the photo. She was amazed that it was even there and how on earth did I see that and she hasn't in all these years... again I cannot answer this, but I suppose it may not be for me to understand or to question. I can only be grateful for the gift and continue to remain humble.

2 comments:

REG said...

Yup, some people have it and some people don't, but you definitely have the gift. Keep using it for God's glory. He really does the best work.
What your wife said sounds like something I would say to my husband.

David said...

A berry nice shot! A handful more with whipped cream topping,and you have a summer time treat. I hope your wife has gotten use to the lying down, disappearing, lingering, etc. you do to capature a moument in time. Still trying to teach my own family! Everyone wants to see the pictures though.